Why does life coaching work?
Life coaching works for several reasons:
• Synergy between the life coach and client creates momentum and enthusiasm.
• Practical goals are set – ones that naturally challenge and motivate the client.
• The client develops new skills and confidence which lead to greater success.
• Life coaching provides a structure of support, challenge and encouragement. Left to our own devices, most people start out with the best intentions and then, hit a snag which can derail them completely or cause a long delay in their progress.
• A life coach can help you quickly identify and break through obstacles so that more is accomplished with fewer struggles and less effort.
• Your life coach is an objective, positive supporter. Not everyone is lucky enough to have such a friend or colleague to provide this. If you’ve been doing it solo, try seeing how much more you can accomplish with an experienced life coach!
Can I hire a life coach for a short-term, special project?
Absolutely. Some clients hire a life coach to help them identify and overcome an unseen barrier, a short-term personal difficulty, or to achieve a specific objective or project. Often clients choose to continue working with their life coach after their initial goals are accomplished because they find there are even more interesting things to do. But short term coaching is definitely possible. Think of it as someone to bounce an idea or thought off of.
How long must I commit to working with a life coach?
Generally for one month, although most people find life coaching is more beneficial than they realized and stay on longer than they initially anticipated. We will often ask, depending on the situation, for a three to six month commitment but usually let you stop immediately if the coaching is not working for you right now. We feel that we can coach on a month-by-month basis for as long as it is working for you. We will never lock you into a fixed term for life coaching.
Corporate contracts will typically be for a specific term or specific project and are negotiated on a case-by-case basis depending on the client’s stated goals and objectives.
How much can I expect to pay for life coaching?
Most life coaches working with individuals charge anywhere for $300 to $700 per month for a 30 to 60 minute session 3 or 4 times a month.
Executive coaches charge more and some clients work with an executive coach for an hour or two a week. It all works out to about to about $100 to $300 per hour.
Leadership Coaching varies as well based on the client’s individual needs and the number of individuals they work with.
For our specific fees, see our fee schedule listed.